Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Session 5 Wiki's and google docs

Tonight I learned more about wiki's. Wiki's are factual, while a blog is more opinions. Both allow you to comment on them. I went in and edited the Klein 20 wiki. You can view the history of the wiki and see who and what each person has changed or added to the wiki. In addition, I learned about google docs. This allows you to save documents on a website and individuals you have given permission to view may view, make changes or save the documents on your personal computer. The really great advantage is that if your original document was saved using a newer version of a computer program, you can still show the document because it has been saved on google docs.

1 comment:

Lifelong Learner said...

Both wikis and Google docs are excellent examples of tools that you and your students can use for collaboration. Keep exploring and blogging.